Monday, January 29, 2018

8 Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes That Are Freezer Friendly

As a young adult, I came home to a nearly empty fridge every day. I would find myself reminiscing about the wonderful aroma of food in the oven or atop the stove that I smelled many times as a kid when walking into my parents’ home. The memories only made taking out a box of cereal and milk for dinner ten times worse. Luckily, I now have these 8 best slow cooker chicken recipes that are freezer friendly in my back pocket at all times.

These dishes take a lot of stress out of meal prepping because all I do is throw the ingredients together in the slow cooker, let them cook, and then throw them into the freezer to eat later in the week.

Now, instead of reminiscing about the wonderful aroma of a homemade dinner cooking, I actually get that wonderful aroma when I heat up these slow cooker chicken recipes. It’s so easy to do and so much less time consuming than making a full meal when I get home.

Taking one of these eight chicken dinners out of the freezer is also so much healthier than taking a store-bought packaged frozen dinner out of the freezer. Those dinners are loaded with sodium and lack a lot of nutrients that these meals provide.

So, by freezing these delicious slow cooker meals, not only do I get to come home excited to eat something warm and healthy, but I also get to take some stress out of my life by having dinner ready in just a few minutes. I also get to fill my home with the many different delectable scents that emanate off of these chicken recipes.

Oh, and let’s not forget another great aspect of freezing these slow cooker chicken recipes: they’re great for lunch too! Yup, some nights, I heat up an extra serving and throw it in the fridge to take with me to work the next day for lunch.

That, unfortunately, doesn’t happen too often because once the irresistible scents of the meals start flowing through the house, everybody comes rushing in to set the table. This, unfortunately, means that there aren’t usually any leftovers for me to take to work.

I can’t complain too much, though! There’s nothing like getting everyone in the house to eat healthy by heating up a frozen meal!

1. Slow Cooker Chicken and Spring Vegetable Quinoa

This recipe of ours creates one of those meals that disappears in the blink of an eye because it is just too tasty! On top of that, it’s also a great way for everyone in the house to get their veggies in. This recipe is loaded with greens. It calls for asparagus, celery, peas, and green beans. Talk about nutrients!

The quinoa in it is also a great nutrient provider and keeps you full for longer. Quinoa is high in antioxidants, high in protein, and high in vitamins. It also lacks gluten, making it the perfect ingredient for those with celiac disease.

Combine chicken with these amazing foods and you get 26 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber, 8 grams of sugar, and only 333 calories in a serving. This recipe makes 8 of those servings, so make it, eat what you can, and throw the rest in the freezer to enjoy later in the week!

2. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken

This slow cooker chicken recipe is one of my favorites for a few simple reasons:

  • It’s delicious (of course)
  • It’s healthy (of course)
  • The recipe is easy to make
  • It’s great for throwing in the freezer for later
  • It can be paired with SO many different sides

I love enjoying it with our Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms because who doesn’t love yummy chicken with yummy veggies?

3. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili

There are few things better than opening my front door and walking into the hearty aroma created by our Slow Cooker Chicken Chili. Actually, the only thing better is actually eating our Slow Cooker Chicken Chili!

Other chili recipes have nothing on this one since it’s not only delicious, but it’s also low in sugars, high in protein, only 266 calories per serving, and it yields 10 servings! That means that it can either feed you for 10 days or your entire family for a few days.

Although I would love to keep it all to myself to enjoy for 10 different days, whenever I make it or reheat it, everyone in my house comes rushing into the kitchen. Nobody seems to be able to resist the savory scent that fills the house.

This is why I’ve become accustomed to making batches back-to-back. That way, we can eat the first serving for dinner while the second batch (which I throw in the crockpot directly after the first batch is done), can cook and be thrown into the freezer for when we start craving the dish again.

And, let’s be real, we’re kind of always craving it so the chili never stays in our freezer for long!

4. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast

When I think of our Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast, I think of home. As a kid, my mom always made dishes that consisted of chicken and mashed potatoes. It was actually during one of our usual chicken and mashed potato dinners that I tried mashed potatoes for the first time…and not in a way one might imagine.

I actually dug into the big bowl of mashed potatoes because I thought it was a big bowl of vanilla ice cream! My parents still tell the story to this day because according to them, my face was priceless! You could imagine how shocked I was when I was expecting the sweet taste of ice cream, but got a big mouthful of mashed potatoes instead. Nevertheless, according to my parents, the face didn’t last for long. I ended up wanting more of those mashed potatoes.

With that being said, I loved every single one of those warm, homey meals. I still do love them. The issue now that I’m older, though, is that I know just how fattening and unhealthy those dishes are.

Luckily, I also know that there are healthier alternatives to the meals that provide the same delicious flavors! One of those alternatives is this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast recipe. It’s bursting with the heartiness of potatoes, the nutrients of vegetables like carrots, and the scrumptious protein of chicken.

It’s healthy enough that I don’t have to wish the potatoes are ice cream. I can enjoy some ice cream after eating this meal for dinner! However, I still prefer healthy ice cream like our Caramel Pear Ice Cream! Guilt-free dinner AND guilt-free dessert!

The post 8 Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes That Are Freezer Friendly appeared first on Skinny Ms..



source https://skinnyms.com/best-slow-cooker-chicken-recipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment