Monday, April 30, 2018

50 Best Skinny Casseroles

Casseroles have always been a wonderful comfort food. However, I’ve always associated them with lots of calories and lots of unhealthy ingredients. Although there’s nothing like coming home to a plateful of warm casserole on a chilly night, I often found myself also enjoying a plateful of lots of calories and a soon-to-be upset stomach. Fortunately, SkinnyMs has tons of casserole recipes that really are just platefuls of warm casseroles. Read on to discover our 50 Best Skinny Casseroles!

They’re just as satisfying as those typical casseroles that really are full of calories and unhealthy ingredients. The difference is, the casseroles on this list don’t give me an upset stomach because, well, they’re healthy. Your body and mind will thank you in so many ways for choosing to eat these skinny casseroles. They’ll also be thanking you for doing nothing except enjoying delicious food. There’s no reason not to love these recipes!

1. Blueberry French Toast Casserole

I know, I know, you weren’t expecting a sweet, breakfast casserole to be the first one on this list…but I just couldn’t help myself! My sweet tooth is too strong for me to not love this Blueberry French Toast Casserole of ours, and our recipe for it is too nutritious for you to not love it too! In just over 100 calories, you can fill yourself up with nutritious ingredients such as:

  • Whole grain bread
  • Egg whites
  • Ground cinnamon
  • Blueberries
  • And more!

2. Sweet Potato and Zucchini Casserole

If you know me, you know that I have an unnatural love for sweet potatoes. I would eat them for every meal if I could…including snacks.

They are just so good for you. They provide you with vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin D, iron, and so much more! So, I bet you could’ve guessed that the biggest reason why I love this casserole of ours is because it uses sweet potatoes!

3. Curry Chicken Casserole

Our Curry Chicken Casserole has 14 grams of protein per serving, and only 304 calories! The high amount of protein and lower amount of calories is what makes it a great casserole for weeknight dinners. I also can’t help but say that the fact that it’s cheesy and is ready in just 35 minutes are also reasons it’s great for weeknight dinners.

CURRY up and make it!

4. 5-Minute Prep Tex-Mex Casserole

I don’t know about you, but I think that the “5-Minute Prep” part of this casserole recipe of ours is a good enough reason to try it out. I mean, of course the casserole itself tastes amazing (as do all of the skinny casserole recipes on this list), but the fact that it’s easy and quick to make is definitely important. It’s a great weeknight dinner in my book!

5. Chocolate Chip Banana Pancake Casserole

I think that this breakfast casserole recipe by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen might even beat out normal chocolate chip banana pancakes…and they’re hard to beat. The recipe calls for natural ingredients to provide that sweetness that you would expect something so chocolatey and banana-filled to have.

6. Jalapeno Popper Casserole

I love jalapeno poppers and their deep-fried cheesiness, but I don’t love the fact that they’re usually pretty unhealthy. This casserole of ours brings the flavors that that deep-fried cheesiness brings to the table. The only difference is, this casserole of ours IS healthy.

It’s made with low-fat cheese, low-fat turkey bacon, chicken to fuel those beautiful muscles of yours, and cauliflower to cut out some carbs. It’s definitely a recipe to add to your list of favorite skinny casseroles!

7. White Chicken and Black Bean Casserole

I’m actually not the biggest Mexican food fan, but even I can’t help but crave this casserole. The enchilada filling is my boyfriend’s absolute favorite. Unlike me, he is a Mexican food fan…like, a huge Mexican food fan. With that being said, he’s pretty picky (I mean, he has had a lot of experience with the type of food). So, when I made this and the first thing he said when he was finished eating was “You’re going to need to make this again”, I knew the recipe was golden.

8. Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole

I may not be a crazy Mexican-food fanatic, but I do love me some Italian food. Full disclosure: on my very first date EVER, I ordered spaghetti. It was both a huge mistake and a very wonderful thing. It was a mistake because, well, who can really eat spaghetti elegantly? It was a very wonderful thing because, well, who can really say they don’t like spaghetti?

This casserole of ours will give you that very wonderful thing that I felt on my very first date without making you feel like it was a huge mistake for a different reason: the unhealthiness of spaghetti. Fortunately, our casserole recipe is delicious AND healthy!

9.  Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Wild Rice Casserole

Cheese, chicken, broccoli, and wild rice…what’s not to love?! Oh, and don’t forget that it’s a skinny casserole recipe! So, you can enjoy those things you love without feeling guilty about it.

10. Low Carb Reuben Style Cauliflower Casserole with Pastrami Meatballs

 

Sugar Free Mom really hit the nail on the head with this skinny casserole recipe. If you love meatballs, this recipe is sure to be life-changing.

The post 50 Best Skinny Casseroles appeared first on Skinny Ms..



source https://skinnyms.com/best-skinny-casseroles/

No comments:

Post a Comment