Friday, February 16, 2018

10 Quick & Easy Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls

Everyone’s morning routine is different. Some people are like me and start their day with a workout and a quick and easy meal prep breakfast bowl. Others are like Ernest Hemingway and start their day by sitting down and writing. Some people are like Jennifer Aniston and start their day with a tall glass of hot water with lemon. Yet, still others are like my old college roommate and start their day by snoozing their alarms over and over again.

Whatever way you start your day, I think we can all agree that breakfast is a part of that morning routine. To be honest, it’s my favorite part of my morning routine! As much as I love getting some exercise in first thing in the morning, I still get more excited for that post-workout breakfast that I know I get to nom on afterward.

Some of my favorite breakfasts, even when I don’t workout first thing, are quick and easy meal prep breakfast bowls! They’re especially perfect because once my morning routine is complete, it’s rush, rush, rush for me during my busy, busy, busy days. Having a healthy and nutritious breakfast bowl on hand helps me to not have to rush, rush, rush so much and helps me to relax, relax, relax (which is sometimes very difficult for me to do).

Since we can all agree that breakfast is important and should be a part of all of our mornings, we can all also agree that the 10 quick and easy meal prep breakfast bowls below are life savers!

1. Mango Chia Breakfast Bowl

This breakfast bowl uses one of my all-time favorite breakfast bowl ingredients: chia seeds! They provide so many health benefits such as:

  • Fiber for better digestion
  • Calcium for stronger teeth and bones
  • Protein for muscle fuel
  • LOTS of omega-3’s for better brain health

On top of these benefits, chia seeds also help you feel full for longer–which makes them great weight loss weapons!

2. Breakfast Yogurt Bowl with Homemade Plum Sauce

Yogurt bowls are my all-time favorite breakfast bowls. Why? Because they’re nutritious, delicious, and can be changed up SO easily. This yogurt bowl calls for homemade plum sauce and fruit, but if you don’t have the specifics, you can top your yogurt bowl with any quick and easy ingredients you have in your kitchen. If you have the ingredients for it, our Healthier “Energy-Boosting” Granola Recipe is a perfect yogurt bowl topper!

I often prepare my yogurt bowls at night by scooping a serving of yogurt into a bowl along with fruit and our Homemade Plum Sauce if I have the ingredients for it. Then, in the morning, I add whatever else I want to the bowl. Like I said, it’s quick and easy, AND it keeps me full for hours. It’s a great meal prep breakfast idea that never disappoints.

3. Mexican Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

This breakfast by Simply Quinoa is full of protein (17 grams, to be exact), veggies, quinoa (of course), and only takes ten minutes to prepare. I find it super efficient to throw it together before bed the night before so it’s ready for me to eat in the morning.

Plus, it’s a great breakfast on Taco Tuesday! Ya know, before digging into our Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Chicken Tacos later in the day for dinner!

4. Vanilla Quinoa and Roasted Blueberry Breakfast Bowl

Let the quinoa breakfast bowls continue! This recipe yields four berry beautiful blueberry breakfast bowls! Try saying that tongue twister three times fast! On top of making for a great tongue twister, this recipe of ours is also super healthy and simple. It only uses a handful of ingredients:

  • Quinoa
  • Water
  • Vanilla
  • Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • Coconut oil
  • Cinnamon
  • Sea salt

I know it may sound a bit selfish since everyone in my house loves this breakfast bowl, but most of the time when I make this recipe, I keep it all for myself and just split it into four different containers. Then I just pop them in the fridge and voila! I have breakfast meal prep for four days!

5. Savory Chorizo Breakfast Bowls 

These bowls are chock-full of nutritious ingredients! From kale to sweet potatoes to tomatoes to avocado, Lexi’s Clean Kitchen really knows how to do breakfast bowls right!

I have a sweet tooth and usually use breakfast as a way to satisfy it, but even I can’t help myself from meal prepping these breakfast bowls. Sometimes I even use eating a savory breakfast like this one as an excuse to eat a sweet breakfast for dinner. Our Blueberry French Toast Casserole and Triple Berry Baked Oatmeal are just two of my go-to’s!

6. Blueberry Green Smoothie Bowl

The Healthy Maven doesn’t mess around when it comes to smoothie bowls–and this recipe is proof! It adheres to a lot of different diets like:

  • Gluten-free
  • Vegetarian
  • Vegan
  • Paleo

Oh, and did I mention that it’s DELICIOUS?! Smoothie bowls are great for making and then eating the following morning. Sometimes, I actually like eating them the next day more so than eating them the day I make them because they just seem colder and more flavorful the next day.

And boy, is this smoothie bowl loaded with flavor! It’s a great healthy breakfast meal prep! If you’re not a fan of the fruits and veggies this recipe calls for, check out some of our smoothie recipes. Our Banana Split Workout Protein Smoothie is another one of my favorites!

The post 10 Quick & Easy Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls appeared first on Skinny Ms..



source https://skinnyms.com/quick-and-easy-meal-prep-breakfast-bowls/

No comments:

Post a Comment