Saturday, December 30, 2017

12 Clean Snacks Under 150 Calories

Greetings, fellow snackers. Yes, you. You know who you are. If you’re anything like me, you’re the one who gets hungry not once, not twice, but probably ten times a day. If only we had a list of under 150 calorie snacks, right?

Especially when I first started regularly exercising, I was hungry all. the. time. I would hit the gym early in the morning, come home, eat breakfast, head to work, and immediately crave more food.

But all I wanted was bellyfuls of carb-heavy, fatty foods, 24/7. As you can imagine, stuffing my face with Doritos and cookies all day didn’t do much to help my body get through my workouts the next morning.

Sure, I could force myself to wait until lunch and dinner, but it wasn’t pretty. I would feel grumpy, tired, and way too shaky to focus! Plus, snacking would give me a chance to take a quick break at work and get a little energy boost while I was at it.

The problem wasn’t that my body needed fuel, it was that my body wanted all the junky stuff. Making the switch to healthier, cleaner snacks was the real solution to my “hangry” problem.

Calories aren’t everything, but a good tip for keeping your snacking out of the junk zone is to only eat under 150 calorie snacks. Plus, you’ll be more likely to stick to the healthy stuff if the recipes are also:

  • easy to make
  • only a few ingredients
  • easy to take with you
  • delicious

This diverse list hits all the requirements above. From healthy baked chips to filling soups and dips, these are some under 150 calorie snacks that will fuel your next workout while also satisfying every craving.

 1. 2 – Ingredient Sour Cream Dip

I am all about fatty flavors, especially when they’re actually low-fat! Low-fat sour cream hits the spot in this super easy, super yummy dip. My favorite part of this snack is switching up what I scoop it with. Try it with chips one day and raw veggies the next, and you’ll never get tired of it.

2. Bok Choy Egg Drop Soup

Nothing is better than warming up a chilly day with a bowl of soup. Plus, I love all the nutrients and vitamins my body can get from a strong veggie broth.

3. Caramelized Cauliflower

So, I’m just as skeptical as the next person about this sudden craze to replace everything with cauliflower. But when the cauliflower totally cures my sweet tooth and gives me a low-calorie carbohydrate boost at the same time? I’m sold.

4. 5-Ingredient Butternut Squash Fritters

Give me crunchy, fried foods all day, every day, especially when they’re healthy! These fritters actually won’t slow you down with unnecessary fat and grease. Clean, low-calorie, and super easy to make a batch with only a few ingredients.

5. Skinny Sweet Potato Sticks

My favorite thing about these pretend-fries is how versatile they are. Make a batch with savory seasonings, make another batch with sweet seasonings, and mix it up!

6. 6-Ingredient Tuna Salad Stuffed Eggs

This is one of those under 150 calorie snacks I love making for other people as well. They’ll give you a fantastic protein boost during the day, and they’ll also impress your dinner guests. Win-win!

7. Veggie Platter with Pesto Hummus

For the longest time, I was so scared to make my own hummus. Now, I can’t stand buying it from the store. It’s just so easy, and so much healthier! Do yourself a favor and start with this incredible, clean, savory hummus recipe.

The post 12 Clean Snacks Under 150 Calories appeared first on Skinny Ms..



source https://skinnyms.com/under-150-calorie-snacks/

No comments:

Post a Comment