Sunday, May 13, 2018

12 Protein-Packed Breakfasts Under 299 Calories

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – sometimes, I skip breakfast. I know, I know, that’s so terrible, and I’m always so sorry that I did it. But, more often than not, I find myself eating over 500 calories for breakfast, which doesn’t leave me very much room for lunch and dinner. This year, I’m resolved to do better. I wanted to find protein-packed breakfasts under 299 calories that wouldn’t stretch my calorie budget too thin, but would also keep me feeling full.

It’s so important to not only eat breakfast every day, but also to find high-protein options. Studies have shown that high-protein breakfasts lead to reduced snacking throughout the day and better appetite control at later meals. That means you’ll feel fuller and eat less at lunch and dinner! Sounds like a win-win to me, especially when they taste as delicious as the twelve choices we’ve listed below.

1. Spinach and Artichoke Breakfast Sandwich

Enjoy 15 grams of protein in this skinny, 237-calorie breakfast treat. The sandwich is packed full of nutrient-dense spinach, and we used egg whites to keep the fat and cholesterol low. Serve it up on a toasted whole-wheat English muffin to get your daily dose of complex carbohydrates.

2. Healthy Protein Waffles

Looking to learn how to increase your protein at breakfast? Sneak cottage cheese into your recipes. It amps this 240-calorie waffle recipe up to 20 grams of protein! This recipe is freezer-friendly, too, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe and stash a few in the freezer.

3. Grab And Go Veggie Egg Cups

It’s always nice to have a healthy grab-and-go option for breakfast. I often find myself running too late to cook my morning meal from scratch! Prepare these veggie egg cups ahead of time and enjoy a 224-calorie, on-the-go treat, with 17 grams of protein.

4. Breakfast Enchiladas with Roasted Poblano Sauce

Would you ever skip breakfast if you knew you could eat enchiladas with roasted poblano sauce? No, I didn’t think so! These are only 172 calories per serving, but they pack in 14 grams of protein. Oh, and they’re completely unique and delicious, too, so you’ll be the envy of everyone at the office.

5. Healthier “Energy-Boosting” Granola Recipe and Greek Yogurt

This granola recipe might only boast 3 grams of protein by itself, but combine it with a serving of Greek yogurt and you’ll boost it up to 20 grams! That makes this 193-calorie package delicious and nutritious. The crunchy texture will stimulate your jaw muscles, too, giving you a burst of energy.

6. Avocado and Egg Breakfast

Combining the beneficial carbs of brown rice with the good fats in avocado and high-fiber kale is always a good idea. Then, just put a high-protein hard-boiled egg on it, and you’ve got a low-calorie package that’s also high in protein. It doesn’t hurt that it tastes delicious, too!

The post 12 Protein-Packed Breakfasts Under 299 Calories appeared first on Skinny Ms..



source https://skinnyms.com/protein-packed-breakfasts-under-299-calories/

No comments:

Post a Comment