Sunday, June 10, 2018

Power Your Day With These 28 Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas

I’m not going to lie to you; I love my carbs. They give me energy, and well, they obviously taste amazing. BUT (and there is always a but) cutting down on carbs can aid in weight loss.  So, it’s not a bad idea to cut down on them when trying to cut down on the pounds. With that being said, when I am trying to eat fewer carbs one day, breakfast is the place to start. This is why I’ve put together this list of 28 low-carb breakfast ideas so that you can power your day the low-carb way!

It is so, so, so important to cut back on added sugars and processed carbohydrates. I know this even more so than a lot of other people because my dad is a type 1 diabetic. Because of this, my family members and I are always looking for low-sugar, low-carb recipes to make for him. You know, ones that aren’t boring and tasteless! Because of this, I’ve found that low-carb does NOT mean low-flavor. Low-carb meals are just as tasty as high-carb meals. Some are even tastier!

Now, I know that a lot of us have sugar cravings in the morning. Guilty as charged! And, I know that cutting back on those added sugars and processed carbohydrates is often a struggle–especially for breakfast. With breakfast, comes foods, like cereal, in your pantry. But, I promise the struggle is worth it. Replacing that high-carb, high-sugar cereal with any of the recipes on this list could help you to:

  • Curb hunger
  • Lose weight
  • Balance blood sugar levels
  • Stay focused
  • Say “goodbye” to cravings
  • Diminish that awful feeling of fatigue
  • Lower risk of diabetes and heart disease

So, join the low-carb club! Whether it’s once a week, every two weeks, or all the time, eating a low-carb breakfast will never go out of style! Trust me, your beloved carbs are not going anywhere. They will still be there if and when your body tells you it needs them.

1. Egg Stuffed Baked Portobello Mushroom

Our Egg Stuffed Baked Portobello Mushroom breakfast recipe is not only stuffed with egg…it’s also stuffed with LOTS of flavor! It only requires a handful of simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen already, so once you have the Portobello mushrooms, you’re basically set!

2. ‘Everything Bagel’ Cauliflower Rolls

Yup, you read that right! You get to eat an everything bagel for breakfast that’s low in carbs!

Well, not exactly an everything bagel, but these cauliflower rolls by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen taste almost the exact same! If you ask me (someone who seriously loves bagels), these bagel imposters are life savers! They’re also a great way to get your kids to eat healthier. Throw their usual cream cheese onto the roll, and they probably won’t even know the difference.

3. The Best Savory Southwest Tofu Egg Scramble

This low-carb breakfast is the perfect way to enjoy a healthy breakfast. It’s filled with all kinds of nutrient-dense ingredients, like kale, bell peppers, and cilantro. Add in protein-rich eggs and tofu to fill you up, and those Southwestern spices for a punch of flavor, and you’ll have yourself a winner!

This is one of those low-carb breakfast ideas that will definitely keep you energized all morning long. You’ll get the perfect balance of low-carb nutrition and spicy, savory flavors. There’s no way you’ll miss the carbs after enjoying this tasty scramble!

 

4. Easy 2-Ingredient Coconut Yogurt

My mom’s absolute favorite yogurt flavor is coconut. So, when I was at my parents’ house and made her this super easy yogurt by Minimalist Baker, she went NUTS for the flavors of cocoNUTS! I know, I know, I should really just stick to the facts and stay away from trying to make puns…but the fact of the matter is: this yogurt is amazing! There are also only two grams of carbohydrates per serving!

5. Keto Deviled Green Eggs and Ham

Dr. Seuss says it best:

“I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.”

“Try them, try them, and you may! Try them and you may, I say.”

Take it from me, you will want these low-carb green eggs and ham by Sugar-Free Mom in a house, with a mouse, here, there, and anywhere!

6. Baked Kale and Eggs with Ricotta

I don’t know about you, but I am always hooked when I hear that something has eggs and any kind of cheese in it. Honestly, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love anything with eggs and cheese in it–especially when it’s healthy AND low in carbohydrates. That being said, you NEED to try this recipe of ours that is sure to power your day with its 11 grams of protein per serving.

7. Low-Carb Almond Joy Chia Seed Pudding

If you know me or have read any of my pieces here at SkinnyMs, you know that I have a dangerously strong sweet tooth. You also must know that I don’t mess around when it comes to sweets. I’m a very big critic of them, actually. So, when I say that this chia pudding recipe by Sugar-Free Mom tastes just like an almond joy candy bar, you know you can take my word for it. This sweet, yet healthy and low-carb, breakfast recipe is one of my favorites–especially when I’m trying to eat a low-carb diet without losing any energy!

If you love this recipe as much as I do, you should try out some of our Almond Joy recipes:

The post Power Your Day With These 28 Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas appeared first on Skinny Ms..



source https://skinnyms.com/low-carb-breakfast-ideas/

No comments:

Post a Comment